Alamak I think I started the series wrongly. Should have begun with removers instead of cleansers. Nevermind lah hor, still got things for you to read right.
Although I use 3 cleansers, I am faithful to 1 remover only: L’Oreal Demaq Expert Elixir Concentrate Ultra Make-Up Remover. Bloody hell, that’s a bit of a mouthful, isn’t it? But I will forgive them, because this is a product that really means business. What caught my eye in the beginning was their promotional images.
This is the ultimate weapon to gently erase and cleanse long-hold make-up (waterproof mascara, lipstick, long-hold foundation).
I’ve used it to remove some of my modelling gig make up. the De-maq’s concentrate blitzed off (take a deep breath) primer, concealer, liquid foundation, pressed powder, loose powder, bronzer, blusher, 3 coats of mascara, 5ml of eyeliner and a bright cherry red lipstick like one of those adverts for kitchen cleaners, where they spray the oven tray and suddenly it’s squeaky clean.
I won’t lie: it is a bit messy. You really need to be near a sink to use this. Although the gel itself is easy to use (I applied a thick layer, and used my fingertips to massage it into my lashes to remove the mascara), when you add water, the gel quickly turns into a milk and the melted make-up runs all over. I do prefer applying the elixir and wiping everything off with a cotton pad first to keep things in check.
This Elixir Concentrate must be one of the most powerful cleansers available except that it is no longer really available. It was pulled off the shelf a couple of years ago and I now get my supply from L’Oreal roadshows at Singapore Expo or off the internet. This is the ONLY product that I know that removes water proof eye MU as if it were melted butter. It is also great at taking my sunscreen off (which is waterproof, so an oil-based cleanser is fantastic). There is hardly any friction when using this, so my skin is always smooth and not irritated.
I do need a new recommendation for a make up remover though, I really can’t find this easily any more.
Price : SGD$10.00 – $15.00 (100ml)
Years of use : Since 2008
- Skincare 101: My MUST HAVE Cleansers (girlyandthecity.wordpress.com)
- Skincare 102: My MUST HAVE Make Up Remover (girlyandthecity.wordpress.com)
- Skincare 103: My MUST HAVE Toner (girlyandthecity.wordpress.com)
- Skincare 104: My MUST HAVE Pre-Essence (girlyandthecity.wordpress.com)
- Skincare 105: My MUST HAVE Essence (girlyandthecity.wordpress.com)
- Skincare 106: My MUST HAVE Eye Creams (girlyandthecity.wordpress.com)
- Skincare 107: My MUST HAVE Moisturizers (girlyandthecity.wordpress.com)
- Skincare 108: My MUST HAVE Exfoliators (girlyandthecity.wordpress.com)
- Skincare 109: My MUST HAVE Facial Masks (girlyandthecity.wordpress.com)
- Skincare 110: MUST HAVE Facial Exercises aka Get a V Line Face (girlyandthecity.wordpress.com)